Appel à contributions : The 2014 Understanding Korea Essay and UCC Contest, 30 septembre 2014
Information Sheet for The 2014 Understanding Korea Essay & UCC Contest
The Center for International Affair at AKS is the home of the Understanding Korea Project, which seeks to correct inaccurate information on and improve contents about Korea in foreign textbooks. We are pleased to announce the 2014 Understanding Korea Essay & UCC competition, aimed at promoting interest in Korea-related contents in foreign textbooks and Understanding Korea materials. Please note the following guidelines.
Domestic and International Promotion of the ‘Understanding Korea Project’
○ Improve the image of Korea in foreign countries
○ Improve the understanding of Korea; expand the base of the project
○ Establish healthy image of Korea in the world
|Essay||Image of Korea from the International Point of View||– Thoughts on images of Korea presented in foreign textbooks- Ways to improve the images of Korea abroad|
|Application of Understanding Korea Materials||– Review the application of Understanding Korea materials- Ideas for developing Understanding Korea materials|
|UCC||Understanding Korea Project||– Create innovative video that can properly teach Korea’s history and culture|
* Foreign materials imply publications and digital contents created by non-Koreans, including the Korean related contents in non-Korean textbooks, and targeted towards non-Koreans.
* Understanding Korea materials published by AKS can be requested for the purpose of this contest. Full details for the materials can be found on the website of the Center for International Affairs (CEFIA): http://www.ikorea.ac.kr
Any individual or a group who has genuine interest in the Understanding Korea Project
Email Submission: email@example.com
– The application form can be downloaded from the CEFIA website, or from the attached file
of this information sheet.
– All submissions that do not follow the format will be disqualified.
– Submitted essays and UCCs will not be returned, and the CEFIA will obtain the copyright.
– Applicants may apply to both Essay and UCC sector, and if they wish so, applicants are also allowed to apply
for different themes within the category.
5. Language: Korean or English
① Essay Section: The paper should be about 3 pages in A4 format
② UCC Section: The video must be original and has secured the copyright.
There is no limit on the length of the video.
7. Application Period: August 01 2014 – September 30 2014 6:00 PM (Korean Time)
※ Submissions after the deadline will not be accepted.
|Grand Prize||2||Awarded by the Minister
Prize worth 900,000 won
|Excellence Prize||4||Awarded by the AKS President
Prize worth 300,000 won
|Participation Prize||6||Awarded by the Center Director
Prize worth 150,000 won
※ Taxes related to the acceptance of and use of the prize are the winners’ responsibility.
※ All applicants will received a souvenir (First 400 applicants only)
9. Announcement: Monday, November 10 2014
The result of the contest will be posted on the Center’s website,
(http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/) and all winners will be notified individually.
The Center for International Affairs, Division of Understanding Korea Project
○ Website: http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Tel: (+82)-31-709-6571, 031-709-6596
○ Fax: 031-709-6572
※ For more detailed information, Please refer to the information sheet and the application form. All inquiries about the contest must be made by email.
※ Applicants obtain every rights to the entries and the AKS may use them (in the news letters and publicity materials), only if the AKS and the winner conclude a separate contract.