2021 Dispatch of Visiting Professor (For Universities Only). Application Period: July 1 to September 10, 2020 (Deadline: September 10, 18:00 KST)
Under this program, the KF dispatches visiting professors of relevant fields to universities abroad that are planning to launch or expand Korean studies or Korean language courses but are currently experiencing difficulties in staffing their faculty with adequately qualified candidates.
Universities abroad that currently operate or plan to launch an education and research program in Korean studies or Korean language.
Note: The university must make sure that the Visiting Professor provides courses according to the minimum requirements below:
- Visiting Professor in Korean Language: At least 10 hours per week
- Visiting Professor in Korean Studies: At least 2 courses per semester
Korean studies (humanities, social sciences) and/or Korean language
Period of Support
One to two years (Korean studies: One year / Korean Language: Up to two years)
Responsibilities of the Host Institution
- The host institution must assist with procedures for KF visiting professors to enter the country and other formalities such as the issuance of visas, resident certificates, and work permits.
- The host institution is responsible for providing KF visiting professors with housing, office/research space, a computer, and other items of office equipment.
Details of KF’s Support for Visiting Professor
Living allowance, round-trip airfare, travel insurance, etc.
- Application Period: July 1 to September 10, 2020 (Deadline: September 10, 18:00 KST)
- Notification of Results: December 2020
- The period of support starts in the following academic year.
Tentative Schedule after Result Notification (subject to change without notice)
① Nationwide search for qualified candidates will be undertaken from March to May 2021
② The KF will recommend one or two final candidates to the universities in June 2021
③ The KF visiting professors will arrive at the universities in August/September 2021 (depending on academic schedule)