Support for Policy Oriented Research Program. Application Deadline : September 1 (18:00 KST), 2020
The Korea Foundation’s Support for Policy-Oriented Research program furnishes grant support to research projects or programs that provide in-depth analyses of and policy recommendations on Korea and its relationship with other countries.
Research institutions, think tanks, or university-affiliated research institutions outside of Korea, except those in the U.S.*
*Details for institutions located within the U.S. can be found here:
Areas of Support
1. Policy research or seminars related to Korea
– Issues related to the Korean peninsula: peacebuilding, non-proliferation, foreign affairs, national security, economics/trade, society, etc.
– Cooperation on science and technology: digital transformation, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, etc.
– Universal values: human rights, equality, environmental protection, democracy, civil society, job creation, health/welfare, etc.
2. Establishment of a Korea Fellow position which focuses on Korea-related research
Project expenses, researcher/staff salaries, indirect costs etc.
– Coverage of indirect costs can be requested at an amount up to 10% of total direct costs.
– Tangible assets are not covered.
The grant period is normally one year. However, multiple-year projects will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
1. Application period: July 1 (9:00 KST) – September 1 (18:00 KST), 2020
2. Notification of results: by December 31, 2020 (Result notification will be done on an individual basis to the email address included in the application.)