2021 Korean Studies Workshop for Non-Korean Educators. Application Deadline : September 10, 18:00 KST
The Korean Studies Workshop for Non-Korean Educators provides secondary-school teachers and education administrators overseas an opportunity to promote understanding about Korea and broaden the scope of Korea-related education in their classrooms. The Korea Foundation is currently accepting applications from overseas institutions that are interested in hosting the Korean Studies Workshop for Non-Korean Educators in 2021.
Educational/research institutions abroad (universities, research institutes, and etc.) or Korea-related cooperative exchange institutions
※ Institutions in Korea are not eligible to receive assistance from this program.
– Korean studies lectures by qualified Korea specialists (language, culture, society, education, politics, economy, international relations, and etc.)
– There must be at least one discussion session on Korea-related curriculum development and instructional methods.
– Cultural activities and etc.
2. Period: 1~3 days (Workshops should be held in February – October, 2021)
3. Eligible Participants
Individuals currently working in an education-related sector outside of Korea (middle and high school teachers, education administrators, textbook publishers, and etc.)
※ The Korea Foundation recommends that the minimum number of workshop participants is 30 and that at least 70% of participants are teachers of history or social studies.
KF Program Support
For direct project costs, including lecturer invitation fees (honoraria, accommodations, meals, and transportation cost), administrative expenses, publication fees for workshop booklets and promotional materials, costs for workshop preparation meetings, and participant accommodations
※ The KF does not provide support for transportation fees for participants, and does not cover any expenses for workshops visiting Korea.
1. Application period: July 1 to September 10, 2020 (Deadline: September 10, 18:00 KST)
2. Notification of Results: End of December, 2020
3. Submission of Finalized Project Execution Plan: 2 months before the commencement of the workshop
4. Conclusion of Grant Agreement and Fund Provision: 1 month before the commencement of the workshop
Please note: A delay or cancellation of this program may become inevitable depending on the development of the situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.