2020 Translator-in-Residence. APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 19th 24:00 KST
The LTI Korea hosts 2020 Translator-in-Residence program to offer translators from abroad an opportunity to gain deeper understanding of Korean literature. Participants of the program will have the opportunity to hands-on experience Korean literary culture and nurture their literary translation skills.
Target Participants (Qualifications)
Translators, scholars and other translation/publication professionals residing overseas who meet one of the following conditions:
– Has had at least 1 translated work (literature/culture/arts) published overseas (including literary magazine)
– Has made a significant contribution to the dissemination of Korean literature overseas
– Has been the recipient of a Korean or international prize or translation grant for the translation of a Korean literary, cultural or artistic text
※ Please include specific details: name of the prize or literary magazine, year of receipt, etc.
Program Period: July 2020 – November 2020
– Financial Support: Living expenses(up to ₩3,300,000) and roundtrip airfare
– Activities Provided: meetings with writers, translation/Korean literature lectures, etc.
(Translation/Korean literature lectures will only be provided from July to August. Please apply within this period if you wish to participate in this program.)
※ All programs will be conducted in Korean.
Length of Stay: 21 days within the program period
Applicants are asked to submit the following documents by email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
1) Residency program application form (fixed format, can be downloaded from the LTI Korea website)
2) Personal statement & Translation research activity proposal (any format, around 3 pages of A4)
3) Agreement to the collection of personal information (can be downloaded from the LTI Korea website)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 19th 24:00 KST
Selection Announcement: Applicants will be notified of their result in May. The list of selected candidates will also be announced on the LTI Korea website. (https://www.ltikorea.or.kr/kr/board/notice/boardList.do)
Final Report: All participants of this program are required to turn in a final report (fixed format) within 1 month of completion.
Division of Education Program, Heesu Choi(email@example.com / +82-2-6919-7756)