Moon Family Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2019–2020. Application deadline by 5 pm on Friday, January 4, 2019
The James Joo-Jin Kim Program at the University of Pennsylvania is now accepting applications for the Moon Family Postdoctoral Fellowship in Korean Studies for the 2019–2020 academic year. Humanities scholars whose research focus is on post-1864 Korea are eligible.
The fellowship will cover up to a 12-month period between August 1, 2019 and July 31, 2020 and provide a stipend of $50,000. The Kim Program will cover the cost of health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, and life; more information can be found here: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/deans-office/postdocs/postdocstaff.htm) and travel expenses for attending the 2020 Annual Meeting of the Association for Asian Studies. The postdoctoral fellow will also receive a shared office space and access to libraries and other resources at Penn.
The fellow will be required to:
- reside in the Philadelphia area;
- work on revising his or her doctoral dissertation for publication as a monograph;
- teach one (1) course for undergraduates in the spring semester of 2020;
- give a public lecture for Korean Studies Colloquium;
- organize a conference (late April or early May 2020);
- mentor Kim Program Undergraduate Fellows; and
- participate in Kim Program events and related activities.
Eligibility: Applicants must have received their Ph.D. degree within five (5) years of the postdoctoral appointment year (on August 1, 2014 or later). The applicant who is awarded the fellowship must complete all requirements for the Ph.D. degree (dissertation deposited) by July 31, 2019.
A complete application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Completed Application Form(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sMT4nYqfjBarpQIgzPD18SqMPxkNmHkV/view)
- Two (2) letters of recommendations e-mailed by referees to Administrative Coordinator of the Kim Program, Michelle Silverio <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Application material (except for letters of recommendation to be sent directly from the referee) must be submitted by 5 pm on Friday, January 4, 2019 in one, complete PDF via e-mail to Michelle Silverio <email@example.com>.