2018 Korean History Workshop for Doctoral Students, January 31, 2018 18:00 p.m. (KST)
A Call for Application
The Korea Foundation is pleased to invite foreign students who are currently undertaking their PhD coursework or are in the process of writing their dissertations on topics related to Korean history. The 2018 Korean History Workshop for Doctoral Students is designed to reinforce the presence of Korean Studies abroad, especially in the field of Korean history, by providing doctoral students with opportunities to learn more about the latest research trends and findings, receive guidance on dissertation writing, and visit historical archives in Korea.
- Keynote Lecture (Silkroad and Korean History)
- Discussion of history-related research issues and trends in and outside of Korea
- Presentations of participants’ theses/research work
- Guidance on dissertation preparation
- Network building of doctoral candidates and professors of Korean history
- Visit to historical resource archive and/or cultural activities
Workshop Period and Place
July 22-28, 2018 / Seoul and local cities (TBD)
Number of Available Participants: Up to 30 PhD students
- Up to 15 PhD students who are registered at overseas universities
- Up to 15 PhD students who are registered at universities in Korea
Doctoral students who fulfill the following criteria:
- Currently undertaking doctoral coursework at a university about subjects related to Korean history; and
- Able to deliver a presentation on their thesis project in Korean or English; and
- Able to understand lectures delivered in Korean; and
- Foreign nationals (Korean nationals with permanent residency status in a country outside Korea are also eligible)
√ Depending on the number of qualified applicants, the Korea Foundation reserves the right to grant priority to students in the process of writing their doctoral dissertations.
Details of Support
- (For overseas participants only) Economy-class round-trip airfare to Korea
- (For domestic participants who live outside of Seoul only) Round-trip train or bus fare to Seoul
- (All participants) Accommodations and meals during the workshop period
- Application Period: December 29, 2017 12:00 p.m. to January 31, 2018 18:00 p.m. (KST)
- Notification of Results: February 14, 2018
※ Please note that the notification date is subject to change without prior notice.
Applicants will be notified about the result individually via e-mail.
How to apply
- Applications should be submitted via the KF Online Application Portal (http://apply.kf.or.kr)
Please click on the “Apply” button at the bottom of this program announcement and complete the online application form. Please note that before applying, you must first register for membership.
※ Required Documents for the Online Application
- Completed Application Form
- Supplementary Materials: Curriculum vitae, Proof of enrollment at PhD program, A letter of reference from a doctoral advisor.