The LTI Korea Translation Academy offers several exciting courses for aspiring translators of Korean literature. Designed for people deeply interested in translating Korean literature, the Regular Course was earlier offered as a one-year program. With the vision of transforming the Academy into a graduate school of translation, we expanded it into a two-year program in 2015. We are looking for talented applicants who will rise to the challenge of translating Korean literature, thereby contributing to the growth of its global readership.
LTI Korea Translation Academy Fellowship
The fellowship is open to native speakers of English, French, German, Russian, and Spanish. The fellowship is designed to allow foreign students to devote themselves fully to their study of literary translation during their stay in Korea.
□ The fellowship includes: round-trip airfare, monthly stipend of 1.6 million won, visa sponsorship, health insurance, and tuition waiver
□ About the Program
○ Languages: English, French, German, Russian, Spanish
– Foreigners and overseas Koreans with a bachelor’s degree or above can apply. However, students who are recommended by their university or by a relevant expert can apply regardless of their academic background.
– Applicants who are not involved in any economic activities in Korea when the course starts (September 2017).
– Fellowship recipients are ineligible to receive scholarships offered by other organizations while studying at the Academy.
○ Number of Fellowships: 3〜4 for each language
○ Curriculum: Translation of Literary Texts, Study of Translation Styles, Korean Literature, Korean Culture, Korean Language
– The program also offers activities such as workshops with Korean writers and cultural excursions.
○ Faculty: Professors of literature, translation, and Korean language and culture
○ Duration: September 2017 〜 June 2019
– 1st Year: September 2017 〜 June 2018
– 2nd Year: September 2018 〜 June 2019
※ Fall Semester: September 〜 December | Spring Semester: March 〜 June
□ How to Apply
○ Application Documents
– Application form, personal statement written in Korean
– Letter of recommendation: The recommender should email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
. The letter should be written in Korean or English.
– Sample translation of 이기호 「최미진은 어디로」,『2017 제62회 현대문학상 수상소설집』(현대문학, 2016)
- p.150 6th line(그날 밤, 나는 평소보다〜) 〜 p.155 8th line(〜따로 건네지 않았다.)
- The title must be translated as well.
– A certificate of bachelor’s degree, or, if not holding a degree, a letter of recommendation from a relevant expert (prescribed form). However, applicants enrolled in a university must submit a certificate of enrollment and transcripts.
※ All forms, including the personal statement, and letter of recommendation, can be downloaded from the LTI Korea website.
□ Selection Criteria
○ Application review, sample translation review and telephone interview
○ Applications should be received no later than 24:00 (Korean standard time) on April 30, 2017.
□ Selection process
○ Application period: April 1 〜 30, 2017
○ Announcement of candidates for telephone interview: May 31, 2017
○ Telephone interview: June 2 〜 13, 2017
○ Final result announcement: June 19, 2017
Contact: Ms. Lee, Mina (Tel: +82-2-6919-7752, e-mail: email@example.com)
Page web de référence